Day 1

I arrived in Dallas at 2 PM local time. It was such a good feeling to get of the plane, even though I had to wait a long time because the old people could not get organized. I sat in the very back of the plane and had to walk all the way to the front to get out. People are crazy, 90% of the seats were so messy and dirty. I knew I had to go through controlls and the customs, but not how bad it would be. We went into a huge hall with 50 counters. 25 for american citizens and 25 for not americans. Out of these 25, 4 were open on both sides. And this is definetly not a fast process with taking fingerprints and photos. It was terrible, people were so nervous and unpatient. At the point I finally made it to the top of the line, they thought that I did not deserve it yet, so they called about 30 people behind me to move ahead because they had to catch another flight. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want them to miss their flight, but they could work faster and efficient if they would open more counters. But no, 5 more officers were sitting in the back drinking coffee and chilling. At the end, it took me 2 and a half hours of mental and physical abuse, because you have to stand there and can not go to the bathroom. I made it through and went to get my suitcase. The problem was that it was an all black suitcase. Realy easy to spot ;-). After one airport worker told me drop-off #5, I went there to check it. But with my luck, the suitcase seemed to be gone. I went back and asked a lady working there, she told me #8. and I am so glad that I found it. This was not it yet, because we had to go through another check. While standing in the line, a huge, black, mean looking police offer came with the drug dog towards me. He checked me from the shoes to the top and saw my bulls shirt and Ohio State hat. He kept starring for a few seconds and said “ What’s up bro ?welcome home“ 😀
When I finally got out there, Sean and Lau were waiting for 3 hours.
We took off and went to a restaurant called chilis
As you will see on the pictures, we had nachos and other stuff. i had a cheeseburger. Sean ordered me a strawberry lemon to drink… I did not know what that ment. It was the first discovery of the day. Still can’t get over how good it was. After 2 minutes, the waitress already brought to more glasses. I asked Sean if he ordered them, but the Myth was true… You only pay once and you get free refill :-O.
After that we went to different shops to get stuff for their flat. They just moved into a new place on monday and a lot of basic things are still missing. That took some time. We drove around a little bit and stopped a seans friend Brian, who I knew from the numerous calls sean received from him in germany.
We hang out for a little while and went back to another store to get a bed for me. They had to buy something for me to sleep on, but that was no problem, because right after I leave, laus‘ sister is coming for a month and she needs something too. We got such an bed you can blow up. It is not the hilton, but good enough for the few days. By that time we got that done, whe headed over to Seans parents. It was nice to meet them too.
Jarons dad was right went he told me that in Texas everything is bigger. It is funny how everything is set up. Everybody is living in these isolated neighbourhoods with fenses around and a big gate with an nightwatchman.
We made it to Seans place at around 11. lau went to bed and sean and I were stitting on the porch enjoying an american beer and watching an for Texas unusual storm with a lot of rain and thunder. I went to bed at around 12- 12:30 even though I was still not tired at all. For some reason I barely slept tonight.
I am finaly realizing where I am and now we have to make the most out of it in these few days.





Kommentar verfassen

Trage deine Daten unten ein oder klicke ein Icon um dich einzuloggen:

Du kommentierst mit Deinem Abmelden / Ändern )


Du kommentierst mit Deinem Twitter-Konto. Abmelden / Ändern )


Du kommentierst mit Deinem Facebook-Konto. Abmelden / Ändern )

Google+ Foto

Du kommentierst mit Deinem Google+-Konto. Abmelden / Ändern )

Verbinde mit %s